Moh Custom Hold Music - uc520

Unanswered Question
Apr 3rd, 2009

I'am looking for a guide on how to be able to use custom hold music. A client has a cd with music they want to be there hold music. The system is a uc520 with cme 4.2. Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Fri, 04/03/2009 - 09:52

Hi Jason,

With the UC520 the easiest way to accomplish this would be to connect a cd player to the External MOH connector, but I'm guessing you want to load this file on flash :)

Music on Hold (MoH)

Cisco Configuration Assistant Version 1.9 adds options for enabling MoH for internal calls and enabling MoH input from a music source connected to the external MoH port on the UC500.

To access MoH configuration, navigate to Configure > Telephony, click Voice to open the Voice window, then click the Voice Features tab.

TipTo upload a custom Music on Hold audio file (.au file) to the UC500 using Cisco Configuration Assistant, navigate to the Topology View, then drag and drop the audio file from your desktop onto the UC500 icon in the topology view. The audio file must have an .au (audio) extension. Once you have uploaded the file, it will be made available on the Audio File selection list for Music on Hold.

For specifications and instructions on how to create a custom audio file for Music on Hold

From this good doc;

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express System Administrator Guide

Hope this helps!

This Discussion