I have a network with Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, Checkpoint, F5, Aventail, Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-Ux, etc...
I need to come up with an network monitoring system with the following requirements:
- Plug-and-Play appliance. In other words, I am not interested in Off The Shelf (OTS) software such as Solarwinds, HPOpenView, Ciscoworks, LMS, etc...
- Web-based application. Configuration/Monitoring must be done via browser. No client is needed to be installed on the client side,
- Ability to monitor bandwidth/CRC/errors on interfaces such as GRE, serial, Ethernet, ATM, etc...
- Ability to alert personnel when certain threshold has exceeded via either email, instant messenging, pager, etc...
- Ability to monitor CPU, memory, diskspace utilization on the device. I am not only interested in network devices but also servers running Windows, Solaris and Linux as well. For example, if a server is quad processors quad-core, I want to be able to see utilization on all 16 cores. Alert personnel when certain thresholds exceed
- Ability to see monitor a device up/down on network devices. For example, let say that my serial interface flaps about ten times a day, I would like to be able to detect this and generate reports daily, weekly, monthly and yearly on this device,
- Ability to find a device on the network if I know the IP address or MAC address of that device, or just part of it. If a device was plugged into the network six months ago but is no longer connected to the network now, I still want to know about it,
- Ability track down the switchport where a device is connected to if I know the switchport description,
- Ability to measure the latency between the monitoring system and any other devices on the network and keep a history of this data for historical trending,
- Ability to collect IP SLA data from Cisco devices and plot it on a graph for historical trending,
- Ability to collect connections/sec, sessions from network devices, particularly from VPN concentrators and non-cisco firewalls,
- Ability to backup network devices configuratition for both Cisco and non-cisco devices,
- Ability to look at network devices configuration, cisco and non-cisco devices in close real-time, to determine if the network is in compliance with whatever compliance required, and the ability to generate reports on these via some type of dashboard so that Management can view them,
- Ability to detect network configuration changes, in real-time. For example, let say a user decide to add a static route on a network device, I want to be able to detect this in real-time and an alert notification sent out,
- Ability to monitor services such as smtp, mySQL, msSQL, Oracle, http/https, ftp, ssh, etc... on any network and server devices and send a notification via pager or email to appropriate personnel. Ability to generate reports on how many times these services were un-available and so forth,
- Ability to do device inventory on both cisco and non-cisco devices and servers as well such as IOS code, server solaris unix, wireless, patch level,
- Ability to view the switch with device connected the switchport along with mac-address "show int status and show mac-address-table" combined,
- Ability to querry VLAN and all the switchports associated with that VLAN,
- Ability to search syslog and non-cisco firewall logs quickly,
- Ability to collect NetFlow data and provide useful analysis,
- Ability to support for two-factor authentication such as RSA,
Anyone know if there is such a system out there that can perform these things in a form of an appliance?