Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.0 - unable to schedule Synch MWI

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello all -

I have tried to schedule MWI synch through Task Management for 4:00 AM each day, but when I review my syslog via RTMT or check the task, it does not show that is runs. I can resynch via my Phone integration and that works OK, but I want to schedule the task like we did on Unity. Here is the information from my system:

Task Definition Page:

- This task is a singleton.

- This task is currently enabled.

- Task Execution results is blank. This is where I would expect to see run results. For example, I see run results for other Tasks.

Task Schedule page:

- Display name - Resynchronize MWIs On All Phone Systems (but it's grayed out)

- Enabled is checked

- Run task at 4:00 AM every day. Saved.

I also checked bug tool and Cisco online for any info before posting :-)

Thanks in advance for your help!! P.S. I am planning to upgrade to 7.02.

Ginger

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ginger,

Hope all is well!

I just wanted to let you know that this is working in our newest EFT build. I just tried it last night :)

There is this bug that you may be hitting;

CSCsv92357 Bug Details

UC 7.0 some scheduled tasks do not run.

Symptom:

Unity Connection 7.0 some scheduled tasks do not run.

The problem is caused by case sensitivity of the hostname.

Workaround:

Use lower case characters for the hostname of your server(s). Here is a link with directions for changing the hostname on Unity Connection 7.0.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/upgrade/guide/7xcucrug060.html

Note: You must change the hostname to something different. Typing the same hostname with lower case letters will not work. You may change the hostname, then change it back. Be sure to follow *all* of the steps outlined in the doc each time you change the hostname.

If Tomcat service does not start after changing the hostname, you may be experiencing CSCsq25661.

Reboot one more time as the work around for CSCsq25661.

Status

Fixed

Severity

3 - moderate

Last Modified

In Last 7 Days

Product

Cisco Unity Connection

Technology

1st Found-In

7.0(1)

Fixed-In

7.1(0.56)

8.0(0.7)

7.0(2)

7.0(1)ES20

7.0(1.21011.1)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ginger,

Hope all is well!

I just wanted to let you know that this is working in our newest EFT build. I just tried it last night :)

There is this bug that you may be hitting;

CSCsv92357 Bug Details

UC 7.0 some scheduled tasks do not run.

Symptom:

Unity Connection 7.0 some scheduled tasks do not run.

The problem is caused by case sensitivity of the hostname.

Workaround:

Use lower case characters for the hostname of your server(s). Here is a link with directions for changing the hostname on Unity Connection 7.0.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/upgrade/guide/7xcucrug060.html

Note: You must change the hostname to something different. Typing the same hostname with lower case letters will not work. You may change the hostname, then change it back. Be sure to follow *all* of the steps outlined in the doc each time you change the hostname.

If Tomcat service does not start after changing the hostname, you may be experiencing CSCsq25661.

Reboot one more time as the work around for CSCsq25661.

Status

Fixed

Severity

3 - moderate

Last Modified

In Last 7 Days

Product

Cisco Unity Connection

Technology

1st Found-In

7.0(1)

Fixed-In

7.1(0.56)

8.0(0.7)

7.0(2)

7.0(1)ES20

7.0(1.21011.1)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob -

Thank you so much for the info and your time! You are correct, my UC host name is in uppercase, dang! What EFT build are you running? It sounds like if I get to 7.0(2), I should not have to do the rename. I am good :-)

Sincerely,

Ginger

Hey Ginger,

Good stuff my friend! Yes, it looks like UC 7.0(2) will be a good build and should fix this issue :) We are running the second UC 7.1 EFT Drop, which is Version 7.1.1.39000-104

Hope this helps!

Rob