encapsulation ppp

dialer idle-timeout 30

dialer string 0206****900

dialer-group 1

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn point-to-point-setup

isdn caller 206****900

ppp authentication chap

I configured dialer list and username all the thigs.But isdn layer I status shows deactivate.

Debug report...

Apr 4 13:14:50.329: ISDN BR0/0/0 **ERROR**: host_disconnect_ack: Unfound B-chan

nel on Disconnect_Ack call id 0x8013

Apr 4 13:15:12.325: ISDN BR0/0/0 **ERROR**: CCBRI_Go: NO CCB Src->HOST call id

0x8013, event 0x5 ces 1

Thanx in advance.....

5 Replies 5

lamav
Level 8
Level 8

Not sure if this is the problem, but I believe that you should have PPP Multilink configued under the BRI interfaces. This is what enables the ISDN caller to utilize both B channels.

arjun

While Victor's advice about multilink may be good advice, your problem is at a lower level that this. If the status is showing as disconnected then you are not communicating properly with the ISDN switch.

I have sometimes seen problems associated with use of isdn point-to-point setup. if there is not a particular reason to have it configured I would suggest that you remove it.

Can you verify that the interface is correctly connected and that the switch type you have configured is the proper switch type?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I configured PPP Multilink on both side. but still problem persist.

Pls see the logs.. when i fire isdn ..

Thanx......

arjun

This debug output is significantly different from the debug output in the original post. Is this debug from the same machine as the first debug or is it perhaps from the other router?

If it is from the same machine have you made changes other than configuring multilink? If so what were the changes?

Can you post the output of show isdn status from both machines?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi:

From the disconnect code:

Cause i = 0x8283 - No route to destination

It is telling you that the local telco switch had inititated the disconnect and the reason is that the dialed number is not reachable.

Is this number valid?

When I dial it from my house, I get a message that says "this number cannot be completed as dialed...check the number..."

HTH

Victor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card