DC Disaster recovery Design

Unanswered Question
Apr 5th, 2009

Hi,

I'm looking to build DR site for my existing DC but I'm little confused with the layout of the setup; how should be looked like !!

I'll start with the existing items on DC (Head Office), I have two blocks, 1st one consist of 2 x 6509E hosted ACE, FWSM and NAM and 2nd block consist of 2 x 6509 hosted FWSM + 4948 server-farm switches. HA configured per block as Active/Standby for 6509s and service modules as well, both blocks connected all the way to 6506E core switche.

my visoin to build the DR site to have a replicate blocks connecting to 6506E core sw and that 6506E connected over dark fiber (2 x 12 Pair) to the other 6506E on HO.

my concerns are the following:

1- Only two FWSMs could be paired as Active/Standby (Cisco Limitation).

2- again, Only two ACEs could be paired as Active/Standby (Cisco Limitation).

3- I have specific applicatoins which required L2 adjacency for sync. (I strongly believe there is way to avoid the L2 needs)

in this case, unfortunately I have to go with L2 uplink between HO & DR to propagate the VLANs. and my worry is ONLY one service module will be utilized on each side (Active on HO and Standby on DR site) which clearly indicate that there is no meaning for the 2nd 6509E on each block !!!!

Plz advice what is the best visible way to build such setup utilizing the exisitng boxes at the optimum.

Regards,

Belal

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion