CCIE Plaque

Unanswered Question
Apr 5th, 2009

First, let me say that I didn't pursue the CCIE for the plaque. Second, let me say that in the overall scheme of thing the plaque is not very important. However, the plaques I received in 2006 (RS) and in 2009(Sec) are just big disappointments. The CCIE is the top technical certification. It should have a plaque that adequately reflects the respect it has. And rightfully so, considering the effort required to earn it.

True, you can't put the plaque in your resume and only a handful of people close to you ever see it. However, the point is that the plague is ultimately indicative of how much Cisco cares about the certification. True, in the overall scheme, this is a minor concern. But it's all in the details. It's the little details that will kill ya.

I am more proud of my CCIE certifications than my college diploma. But my diploma hangs on the wall in my place. The plaques? In some corner somewhere.

Would it be so much trouble to give the plaque the thoughtful consideration it deserves? Come on Cisco. Look at this "little" detail. If you can't go back to the medal, at least give us a diploma-like certificate similar to my college diploma.

Seriously, when I received the plaques, my heart broke. They are sad, cheap looking, thoughtless testimonies to what peole have had to go through in order to earn the CCIE certification.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
AJAZ NAWAZ Thu, 04/09/2009 - 07:51

I think you can pay and have one made up from the firm who Cisco used in the past for the medallion style to which you are referring to.

If you decide to go ahead reply just here and I'll see if I can unearth some info for you with regards to the supplier of the old style plaques.

AJAZ NAWAZ Thu, 04/09/2009 - 11:52

Do you know the name of the firm that offered to supply at cost?

This Discussion