Level 1

Hi,

I have a requirement from a customer mentioned below,

For Investors Relations press 1.

For Human Potential press 2.

For Public relations press 3.

For CEO office press 4.

For CFO Office press 5.

For other departments or operator assistance press 0.

Each choice will forward to a special extension.

After 3-5 rings, if that person doesn't answer, choice will be to either leave a voice mail or press 0 to operator assistance.

I am using the menu step and than i am redirecting call by using the redirect step to the call receiver.

I wanted to know how i can put a option in the script that if person doesn't answer, choice will be to either leave a voice mail or press 0 to operator assistance.

Thanks,

Imtiaz

7 Replies 7

imtiazahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How i can add timeout factor in the redirect step of script or there is any other way. If some one knows kindly reply.

Regards,

Hi Imtiaz,

You can use the "Call Consult Transfer" step, which includes a timeout option.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul-Louis

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply, i have tried it with call consult transfer step but the issue is when call is coming the caller is start hearing the music on hold instead of a ring tone.

Is there any way to change this behaviour or i shall put the music on hold wave file containg the phone ring.

Regards,

Imtiaz,

If you want to hear ring tone instead of hold music during the transfer, just create on the CallManager a Music On Hold Audio Source which contains a ring tone (you can find such a sound file on a CCM 4.x - the file is called ringback.wav).

Then change the Network Hold Audio Source on your CTI port group with the new MOH.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul-Louis

I believe the Call Consult Transfer step has a No Answer branch within it. You could place further logic within that.

If that doesn't work, you could configure Unity (assuming you're using it) to provide the appropriate caller input options after the RNA call forward kicks in on the redirect destination.

Yo can do something else...

You can do a regular transfer to these person.

there will be a time out un the dn - > No Answer Ring Duration (seconds)

and in the unity, for these extension.. the user can record a message that tell the caller, he can press 0 to reach an agent. and you will configure an input digit for this user in unity with a transfer.

Hi,

Required help in writing script like

If you know the extension please dial it now or press 2 for call center or press 0 for operator assistance.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: