cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity connection 7: transfer rules and "screen this call"

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

For the life of me I can't get the "screen this call" check box to ungrey itself on the personal call transfer rules in Unity Connection 7.

I have enabled call holding and screening options, but still no go.

Ideas?

I searched for a bug but couldn't find anything.

8 Replies 8

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I was just reviewing the 7.02 release notes again after upgrading and found this bit if info on page 18 - License tag required to use the US English Conversation and Personal Call Transfer Rules. My UC license has this content in it "LicRegionIsUnrestricted". I don't know if this applies to your problem.

Ginger

I got:

US English usage and personal call routing rules allowed (LicRegionIsUnrestricted): Yes

So it looks like I'm safe?!?!?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lelio/Ginger,

I'm guessing that you are seeing this bug;

CSCsu89100 Bug Details

Cannot set Call Screening in PCTR rules if Alt Rule doesn't have screeng

Symptom:

On the Personal Call Transfer Rule (PCTR) edit rule page, the 'Screen the call' check box is grayed out, despite call screening being allowed for the user.

Conditions:

UC 7.0(1)

Workaround:

This is addressed In 7.1 where you will only have to enable:

1. 'Allow Users to Change Call Screening Options' in the user's COS

2. Screen calls under Personal Call Transfer Rules->Preferences->Call Holding and Call Screening Options in PCA

For 7.0, in addition to the above criteria, on the user's alternate transfer rule, configure it to ring an extension via a supervised transfer and enable one of the call screening options at the bottom of the page. The transfer rule does not need to be enabled. Status

Fixed

Severity

3 - moderate

Last Modified

In Last 3 Days

Product

Cisco Unity Connection

Technology

1st Found-In

7.0(0.323)

Fixed-In

7.1(0.37)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob. I searched for "screen" in the bug toolkit and got only two results, this was not one of them.

I just searched again and it came up with three, now including this one!

I see that the bug has been modified in the last three days, so that might have something to do with it.

I'll have to try out the workaround.

Hey Lelio,

You are most welcome my friend! I'm pretty sure this bug wasn't there yesterday afternoon when I first looked either (or I may be going blind in my advancing years :)

Best of luck!

Rob

Happy Friday Rob -

Thanks for the update here :-)

Sincerely, Ginger

Hi Ginger,

Happy Friday to you as well my friend! Glad to be of some small help here.

Cheers!

Rob

OK, that helped get the screen call options, but I think there is more to this problem than that.

I am seeing the following on my transfer page:

-----

* Personal call transfer rule are applied when the following basic transfer rules are active:

Standard

*No personal call transfer rule sets are enabled. When the basic transfer rules that are configured to apply personal call transfer rules are active, all calls are transferred to the primary extension.

-----

But when I make the call, the rules I set are actually active. Plus, any call that doesn't match the rules is assigned all the screening options I have enabled.

It's looking like TAC time here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: