cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM Right pane blank

manojsaxena
Level 1
Level 1

I have ASA 5510 running version 8.0.4 and ASDM image 6.1.5.(51). I had java ver 6 update 13 and I faced usual ASDM connection error. Downgraded to ver 6 update 7 and I can launch ASDM but the right pane is blank. Removed all other Java versions, reinstalled java 6 update 7 same issue. Removed java 6 update 7, reboot, installed Java "Version 1.6.0 (build 1.6.0-b105)" and the issue is the same. Its very frustrating. Has anyone faced a similar issue. Whats the fix, I am sure it is java, any pointers in the right direction pls.

4 Replies 4

fraunhoferpt
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue.

Generally changing the size of the window ("Restore") and/or clicking on the blank side reveals the missing settings.

This had me puzzled for ages, I just maximized the window and all the rules appeared!

r.malviya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Can you try to upgrade the ASDM 6.1.5.(51) to Cisco ASDM 6.1(5)57 .May it will resolve your issue . try it .

Regards

Ritesh Malviya

lundvall
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. The workaround that I have found is to go back to the home page, go to the view menu and reset layout (near the bottom. Then when I click back to the screen I was wanting to look at, it appears normally. I agree that this is a java issue. I am running Java 6 update 13 and ASDM 6.1(5)51.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card