Helpful
Replies

Intervlan Routing Issue

chamakura.kiran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts

I have 3750 Series swicth and 2950.

Problem: My Problenm is that i could communicate between same VLAN and even with diffrent Vlans after doing the following configuration.i have attached my configuration.

3750 Configuration:

1. I had configured the 3750 with VLAN 2,3,4,5,6 i have configured VLAN 6 as my Management Vlan.

2. I have enable the routing in 3750.

3. I have made enable the switch trunk encapsulate dot1q.

Switch 2950:

1. I have assigned diffrent port with diffrent Vlans.

7 Replies 7

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Chamakura,

your configurations look like correct, inter-vlan routing is performed by C3750, packets can go up and down the trunk uplink in different vlans.

Verify that all vlans are defined at layer2 on both switches if you are not using vtp.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

I have configured the VTP on 3750 and on 2950

VTP MODE Server on 3750

VTP Domain cisco

VTP MODE Client on 2950

VTP Domain Ciso

i could see all my configured VLAN on both the switch,where as i could not communicate detween 2 diffrent vlans and between same vlans

can you please help me.

Hello Chamakura,

I see there is a more active thread on this on the WAN forum

Let's go on there

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Chamakura,

Look like your configuration is fine, just do the following:

#1 On 2950 Switch Prompt, do ping all VLAN IP Address

VLAN 2 - 192.168.2.254

VLAN 3 - 192.168.3.254

VLAN 4 - 192.168.4.254

VLAN 5 - 192.168.5.254

Just add 192.168.3.0 (VLAN 3) network in your RIP protocol if you want it to advertise.

#2 If ping is not successful, please double check your config, if ping is successful, proceed to #3

#3. On 2950-Switch - VLAN 2, all PC/devices connected to this switch must used ip address belong to 192.168.2.0/24 (VLAN 2 - I said these because all port of this switch is member of VLAN 2) with a default gateway of 192.168.2.254 (VLAN 2 IP Address). Same goes to other devices connected to other VLAN.

Regards,

yes i have done all according to you said,where as i can

ping from Computer A to Computer B

where as i could not ping from Computer-B to Computer A

Regards

Kiran Kumar CH

Hi,

try this turn off the windows firewall on both the PC and check pings again

HTH

-Manish.

Hi Kiran,

Hmm, I'm just wondering if you already check your Computer-A for any installed firewall software. Might be a firewall feature in ur Computer-A preventing Computer-B to establish a ping.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco