cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No User name (User Tracking)

riko.arizona
Level 1
Level 1

My LMS version is 3.0.1 (CM 5.0.4), running on Windows systems. I can't see the username although I have configured the UTLite. I have try to stop and start UTLITE (pdterm UTLITE and pdexec UTLITE). Firewall is permitting udp/16236 from every Windows client to the LMS server.

For utlite.log, please see attached.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

According to this, you are not receiving any updates (but you may not have enabled tracing). It would help if you can start a sniffer trace on the LMS server filtering on udp/16236. Then, login on one of your Windows end hosts to force a UTLite packet. The resulting packet capture will show if there is a problem.

Note: there have been numerous UTLite bugs fixed in CM 5.0.4, so make sure you are using the UTLite33.exe that comes with CM 5.0.4 on all of your Windows end hosts.

I have enable tracing (debugging option), login on one of my Windows end host but i still can't see User name in user tracking. Packet capture shows that there is no udp/16236. Please see attached for the capture files.

If the packets are not making it to the Campus Manager server, then either there is a firewall blocking the packets, or UTLite is not being run correctly. How are you running UTLite on the end host?

I try to log on from end host, then try to run UTLite33.exe. How about with UTLiteNT.bat, is there any wrong configuration?

This should work provided the IP argument is correct. You can add a -debug flag, then look at the utlite log created in C:\ on the client. You can also run a sniffer trace on the client to see if a packet is being generated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: