Meet me access

Unanswered Question
Apr 6th, 2009

How to open/start meetme Conference from other CUCM cluster and from PSTN PRI ?

CCM Version : 6.1

Thanks in advance

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Jaime Valencia Mon, 04/06/2009 - 06:10

not possible, meet-me requires sccp signaling from a phone located in a CUCM cluster.

cannot start from other cluster or PSTN

use VPN and IPC to initiate it

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

k_satish80 Mon, 04/06/2009 - 23:28

Thanks,

Can we open it from Unity atleast, like create the call handler with a greeting message and then dial the meet-me number

Sushil Kumar Katre Tue, 04/07/2009 - 04:19

Hi Satish,

As pointed by Java, this is not possible. Even with unity I don't think this will be feasible.

-> Sushil

Jaime Valencia Tue, 04/07/2009 - 06:19

as pointed by Sushil, this is not an alternative.

to make it crystal clear: you need a user, on a cisco IP phone, pressing meet-me, and dialing the meet-me DN

only ip phones registered to the cluster where meet-me DNs and CFBs are have meet-me softkey

you can use unity to join AFTER it has been initiated. but not to start it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Pranjol Saikia Thu, 05/14/2009 - 22:28

Hi,

I have a application "Conf Scheduler" which has a soulution to the below mentioned points:

1.The Meet-Me application does not have an option of validating users by a “password”, just by dialing a Meet-Me ID any body can be part of this meeting.

2.The number of users who can attend a Meet-Me conference is the same across all Meet-Me IDs.It cannot be controlled that Meet-Me ID 3333 can have a maximum of 10 users and Meet-Me ID 4444 can have a maximum of 20 users.

3.Conference recording facility is not available.

4.Maximum number of total concurrent users in all conferences allowed is 128.(Note: This can be increased with the help of PVDM or DSP hardware resources)

5.There is no scheduling feature. A conference cannot be scheduled and accordingly intimate (Txt Msg in IPT, SMS, Email) the attendees of the scheduled conference.

6.Conference reminder facility.

Regards

Pranjol

[email protected]-tech-com

www.parsec-tech.com

Actions

This Discussion