cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet me access

k_satish80
Level 1
Level 1

How to open/start meetme Conference from other CUCM cluster and from PSTN PRI ?

CCM Version : 6.1

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

not possible, meet-me requires sccp signaling from a phone located in a CUCM cluster.

cannot start from other cluster or PSTN

use VPN and IPC to initiate it

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks,

Can we open it from Unity atleast, like create the call handler with a greeting message and then dial the meet-me number

Hi Satish,

As pointed by Java, this is not possible. Even with unity I don't think this will be feasible.

-> Sushil

as pointed by Sushil, this is not an alternative.

to make it crystal clear: you need a user, on a cisco IP phone, pressing meet-me, and dialing the meet-me DN

only ip phones registered to the cluster where meet-me DNs and CFBs are have meet-me softkey

you can use unity to join AFTER it has been initiated. but not to start it.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Pranjol Saikia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a application "Conf Scheduler" which has a soulution to the below mentioned points:

1.The Meet-Me application does not have an option of validating users by a “password”, just by dialing a Meet-Me ID any body can be part of this meeting.

2.The number of users who can attend a Meet-Me conference is the same across all Meet-Me IDs.It cannot be controlled that Meet-Me ID 3333 can have a maximum of 10 users and Meet-Me ID 4444 can have a maximum of 20 users.

3.Conference recording facility is not available.

4.Maximum number of total concurrent users in all conferences allowed is 128.(Note: This can be increased with the help of PVDM or DSP hardware resources)

5.There is no scheduling feature. A conference cannot be scheduled and accordingly intimate (Txt Msg in IPT, SMS, Email) the attendees of the scheduled conference.

6.Conference reminder facility.

Regards

Pranjol

pranjol.s@parsec-tech-com

www.parsec-tech.com