Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 ATA talking to Call Manager

davidme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an ATA running H323 and an analogue phone connected to it. This is configured as a VoIP dial peer on a 2800 ISR H323 voice gateway.

I'd like the analogue phone to be able to dial any IP phone on my system by using a short code (last 4 digits) even though my IP phone extensions are 8 digits. I have a route pattern on the Call Manager which allows IP phones to call the analogue phone.

How would I configure the dial-peer to do this? Can I put a prefix on a VoIP dial peer (I'm assuming I'd have to use a VoIP dial-peer with the session target being the IP address of the Call Manager?)

The dial peer for the ATA is attached:

dial-peer voice 3 voip

destination-pattern 1234300

session target ipv4:192.168.1.33

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

fax rate disable

fax nsf 000000

no vad

Cheers

Dave

1 Reply 1

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

Configuring dial peers is the key to implementing dial plans and providing voice services over an IP packet network. Dial peers are used to identify call source and destination endpoints and to define the characteristics applied to each call leg in the call connection. Voice-network dial peers are components on an IP network to which a voice gateway router points via the component's IP address specified in the session-target command for a particular matching dial peer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/dial_peer/dp_confg.html