cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 Port channel

pain112
Level 1
Level 1

I have the core stack using 7 3750 switches with multiple port channels setup, and we have remote locations with 3560 switches all using port channels. I need the commands to see all port channels setup on the 3750 along with the 3560 switches. I need some help or step-by-step information on how to setup a new port channel for another 3560 switch I'm adding to the network.

P/S is there a document for port-channel configuration also.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For full detail use "show etherchannel detail". For a less busy output use "show ether summ" . For a new channel between cisco devices do the following as an example.

conf t

int port-channel 25

shut

For the ports in the channel.

interface range g1/0/X , g1/0/X

channel-group 25 mode desirable non-silent

After this then do a "no shut on the port channel interface on each end to bring up the channel.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You might want to start with the configuration guide chapter that addresses port channels. E.g. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_50_se/configuration/guide/swethchl.html

Please can you give me the commands to see what port channels I have and how to add another.

For full detail use "show etherchannel detail". For a less busy output use "show ether summ" . For a new channel between cisco devices do the following as an example.

conf t

int port-channel 25

shut

For the ports in the channel.

interface range g1/0/X , g1/0/X

channel-group 25 mode desirable non-silent

After this then do a "no shut on the port channel interface on each end to bring up the channel.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card