cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 Port channel

pain112
Level 1
Level 1

I have the core stack using 7 3750 switches with multiple port channels setup, and we have remote locations with 3560 switches all using port channels. I need the commands to see all port channels setup on the 3750 along with the 3560 switches. I need some help or step-by-step information on how to setup a new port channel for another 3560 switch I'm adding to the network.

P/S is there a document for port-channel configuration also.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For full detail use "show etherchannel detail". For a less busy output use "show ether summ" . For a new channel between cisco devices do the following as an example.

conf t

int port-channel 25

shut

For the ports in the channel.

interface range g1/0/X , g1/0/X

channel-group 25 mode desirable non-silent

After this then do a "no shut on the port channel interface on each end to bring up the channel.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You might want to start with the configuration guide chapter that addresses port channels. E.g. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_50_se/configuration/guide/swethchl.html

Please can you give me the commands to see what port channels I have and how to add another.

For full detail use "show etherchannel detail". For a less busy output use "show ether summ" . For a new channel between cisco devices do the following as an example.

conf t

int port-channel 25

shut

For the ports in the channel.

interface range g1/0/X , g1/0/X

channel-group 25 mode desirable non-silent

After this then do a "no shut on the port channel interface on each end to bring up the channel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card