Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5400xm rewrite FAX NSF

zaikini_23
Level 1
Level 1

Good day!

I have Cisco AS5400xm with IOS c5400-js_ivs-mz.124-24.T.bin. I want rewrite FAX NSF, but command fax nsf is absent. What problem may be? What version IOS to me is necessary for using?

3 Replies 3

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

The Fax nsf command will work in 12.3 version.

Hi there!

I need to do the same thing on a AS5400HPX. Did you find out how to change NSF in 12.4?

Going back to 12.3 is not an option for me.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Hanes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The fax nsf CLI command was removed from the as5x gateways in the early 12.4 and 12.4T IOS versions because this command did not work for Nextport DSPs. The Nextport DSPs were found exclusively on the as5x platform. The as5x gateways using the Nextport DSPs either overwrote the NSF value to 0xff or passed it through unaltered regardless of what was configured using this command.

Current as5x voice gateways support the c5510 DSPs and no longer use the Nextport DSPs. Therefore, this command should technically work now if it was available in the CLI. I have not verified this personally but it sounds like the fax nsf command was not added back into the as5x images that now support the c5510 DSPs.

NSF issues are somewhat rare and if the value is being overwritten with 0xff, then you should not be running into problems with proprietary encodings.

Regards,

David