Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection: Message Aging Policy issue

jessakhanian
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have dual Unity Connection 7.0.1 servers running in HA mode without any issues. We have enabled Message Aging Policy and have checked the box "Permanently Delete Messages in the Deleted Items Folder in [ ] days" and put a value of 1 in the box. Basically, any messages that are deleted will go to the Deleted Items folder, and then be deleted after 1 day. On the mailbox we are testing with, we made sure the "Enable Message Aging Policy" option is checked under Edit Mailbox. We have left a test message, deleted it, and it's still in the Deleted Items folder (the message was left on 3/30/09 and deleted right away).

It seems like a straight-forward configuration, but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there something else we're missing? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joseph E.

5 Replies 5

Brad,

There is nothing noted in the other thread or the Bug about this issue. It sort of makes sense in that it would fail since it's probably a scheduled task internal to the system (as opposed to user-initiated). So if looking at it in that way, it may be the case, but can't say for sure.

Also, both of our servers have lower-case only for their hostname.

Thanks,

Joseph

Actually, I take that back. It looks like that both servers are using all CAPS for hostname.

Assuming this is the issue we're running into, an upgrade to the "Fixed-In" version would take care of the problem, right? Or would we still need to do the hostname change? I would prefer that we leave the hostnames as they are.

Thanks,

Joseph

The fixed-in versions should take care of the issue and you won't need to do anything extra.

Brad

Thanks. I'll try to schedule that upgrade for this week. I'll post my results after the upgrade.

Joseph

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: