Views
Helpful
Replies

Ip phone keypad lock/unlock

lguaman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anybody knows how lock/unlock the IP phone keypad to secure the device? Means input 4 digit to lock and 4 digits to unlock the keypad to make outbound calls. Always can receive phone calls. (No after hours pin)

Thanks in advance

6 Replies 6

Are you in a CUCM or CME environment? In either case, that is something that must be configured on the call controller (either server or router) and not on the phone itself. The feature is called Forced Autherntication Codes.

We are using CME 7.0.1 on 2851 router. Where can I get documentation about Forced Authentication codes?

Hi,

This will be the best information you'll find on this:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1400#Can_UC500CME_be_configured_to_prompt_a_caller_for_a_PIN_before_placing_a_call

It's not an officially supported feature, but this guide should be sufficient to getting it to work.

hth,

nick

We do not use h323..

Can we not use these commands:

aaa new-model

aaa authentication login h323 local

aaa authorization exec h323 local

aaa authorization network h323 local

They are written in the example. We use Sccp and do not use radius.

Luis

you're probably looking for a 3rd party app to do this for you. there is an app that moves the phone from partition to partition based on the keypad lock code. have not tired it but it seems simple enough.

you (the admin) controls what type of calls can be made when the phone is locked. typically, it would be extension to extension as well as emergency but again you control it.

i have only used this in a lab environment. you might want to contact them to see if they have support for Express.

have a look, http://www.andtek.com/communications-products-lockout.html

this is by no means a recommendation of this software but its just to point you in the direction im thinking you might be looking at.

thanks

Hi all, and with CUCM???? How I can do it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: