VOIP setup for the lab

Unanswered Question

Next year we are planning a VOIP migration for some of our in house users. We dont have any WAN connections and bandwidth between floors are gigabit.

What I am looking to do is buy a small setup for our lab this year so I can begin to learn about VOIP etc. So far I have researched and this is what I am considering buying.

- Cisco 2801-V/K9

- VIC2-2FX0 voice interface card

- 3560 24 port 10/100 POE standard image

- 5 7940G ip phones.

Is this a decent setup for the lab ?

Would it allow me to configure a basic voip setup and learn the fundamentals of configuring VOIP ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
didyap Fri, 04/10/2009 - 07:15

You'll have more luck with this question in the IP Telephony forum. I would say the setup looks pretty good though.

Justin Brenton Tue, 06/02/2009 - 15:44

You may also want to look into the UC500 Platform.

hth, please rate

Regards,

Justin

Nicholas Matthews Tue, 06/02/2009 - 16:05

Hi Dave,

You can probably get away with this for even less.

You could probably get something like a 1751-V with PVDM-256k and VIC-2FXS with the IP phones. You may need the power bricks in this scenario.

Alternatively,

CISCO2621XM with NM-2V with VIC-2FXS and the phones/bricks

But yes, your current setup will work. You would need to add something like a PVDM2-8, PVDM2-16, or PVDM2-32 for DSP resources, with the number depending on whether or not you want to play with transcoding/conferencing.

hth,

nick

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 06/10/2009 - 13:31

Hi,

yes, you would be able to setup a very nice CCME system with all that. You could introduce some variations on the phone models to find out which one is better for you.

Actions

This Discussion