cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

managing IOS and CatOS switch

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

I have IOS using ssh V.2 and CatOS using SSH v.1 and I have perl cgi- ssh expect script to remote access those 2 switch. however, I am able to access the IOS switch but not the CatOs. anybody knows how can alter my script to handle both version or this not achievable.any help highly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

"term len 0" is not valid for CatOS. The equivalent command is "set length 0".

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As long as your SSH client supports both versions of the protocol, no changes to expect is required. OpenSSH supports both protocols.

just a wild guess on my part but when you ssh to the CatOS from the client where you initiate the perl-expect script, did you use something "spawn ssh -1 -l $username $remotehost". I have not used ssh on CatOS that much but I don't think CatOS support ssh version 2. Most unix ssh client default to version 2. That could be the issue.

Thanks a lot for your response!I am using "spawn ssh -l $username $remotehost" not using force version -1 since the other switch using version 2.unfortunately all our CatOS using version 1.I have enabled both Version 1 and 2 on my unix server but still the expect script unable access the CatOS switch.

my unix server enabled for both ssh Version 1 and version 2 but no luck so far, I have attached my expect script. if you guys see any error.thanks a lot

If you're using OpenSSH, protocol version 1 will print:

RSA1 key fingerprint ...

So you'll need to modify your regular expression:

expect {

-re "RSA1? key fingerprint" {send "yes\r"}

timeout {puts "RSA error -> $expect_out(buffer)";exit}

}

Of course, you didn't mention the specific error you're seeing, so it's impossible to know if this is the only problem (or a problem at all).

thanks J. we are close too. after added as you suggested to expect RSA1" now the error I got is

"term len 0

Unknown command "term". Use 'help' for more info." so when add a comment on this line on my expect script

#expect {

-re "\[#>] ?$" {send "term len 0\r"}

timeout {puts "error reading prompt -> $expect_out(buffer)";exit}

}

my script able to access the switch but display only the the banner section when I run a script " as you know this CatOs display first the banner before going to device prompt. so it's hang on banner portion not going to actual switch123> (enable).

Thanks

"term len 0" is not valid for CatOS. The equivalent command is "set length 0".

working perfectly.....thank you so very much!!!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: