cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stacked 3750 lost Configuration

baskyramdeo
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 3750 Stacked and was working properly. Recently we had a power problem and power was lost to both switches simultaneously,when power was restored both switches lost their configuration, as if they are new or factory reset.I had to reconfigure again.

What would cause this to happen and what can be done to prevent this in the future.

Thank you

Basky Ramdeo

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Someone didn't save the config.

2. Someone changed the config filename.

3. Someone configured the appliance to boot and use a different filename or location

4. Hardware failure.

Thank you for your response leo.

Hmmm actually the configs was saved, i also had a backup on text which i used to get it up an running again quickly.No one supposed to have access to the switches to make any changes.Also they are still working after reconfiguration therefore not sure about the hardware failure. I do know it happened after power failure but no hardware part were changed afterwards.

Regards

Basky

did you find out what was the problem?

Thanks.

I have a single Cisco 3750G-24TS -S1U V03 lost its config twice in 1 year.  I end up taking it out of service.  Not sure what is going on. I'll see if I can RMA it since it is under smartnet contract.

I believe it may be kind of hardware failure or a kind of bug running on this device. It's better to go for hardware replacement,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card