Views
Helpful
Replies

switch between multiple VLANs

chamakura.kiran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have multiple VLANs available on my network and I have a user who wants to switch between multiple VLANs (i.e. VLAN2,VLAN3 and Vlan4) on his PC. He has the correct drivers/software that will allow him to add VLANs to his NIC but I want to set his port correctly so that he is able to move between spacified VLANs when he needs to do so...

Setup is Cisco 3750-E,Cisco 2950 VLAN 802.1q, PC setup is Windows XP pro with Intel PRO 100+ NIC.

Any things for me to consider on how to make sure he is set up properly to allow my user to do this?

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

3 Replies 3

Hi LEOLAOHOO

sorry i have already reated and i have closed that issue this is my new issue.

Regards

Kiran Kumar CH

Hi,

It sounds like the server is able to use 802.2q trunking and so all you need to do is set

interface fax/x

switchport

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

This will allow all vlans to be trunked with the native vlan set to be vlan 1. This is OK to use if Vlan 1 isn't being used on your network?

However I would limit the Vlans your user is allowed to trunk to with the following

interface fax/x

switchport trunk allowed vlan 2-4

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card