Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension mobility max-idle time issue.

Fasalullatp
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I configured EM in cme 7.0 environement.I configured max-idle time as 9999 minutes for each user profiles.But the phones are logging out before completing 9999 minutes as idle.I didnt configured PIN number for each user profile,any problem due to this?The set up having cme and cue in 3845 router.Please help me in resolving the issue.Thanks alot in advance..

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Fasalulla,

Your "idle-timeout" settings may be getting overridden by this system setting;

Cisco Unified CME 4.3 and later versions includes an Automatic Timeout feature for Extension Mobility. After an automatic logout is executed, Cisco Unified CME sends the logout profile to the phone and restarts the phone. After an automatic logout, Extension Mobility users can log in again.

You can configure up to three different times on a 24-hour clock for automatically logging out Extension Mobility users based on time-of-day. The system clock triggers an alarm at the specified time and the EM Manager in Cisco Unified CME logs outs every logged in Extension Mobility user in the system. If an Extension Mobility user is using the phone when automatic logout occurs, the user is logged out after the active call is completed.

em logout time1 [time2] [time3]

Example:

Router(config-telephony)# em logout 19:00 24:00

(Optional) Defines up to three time-of-day timers for automatically logging out all Extension Mobility users.

•This command is supported in Cisco Unified CME 4.3 and later versions.

•time-Time of day after which logged-in users are automatically logged out from Extension Mobility. Range: 00:00 to 24:00 on a 24-hour clock.

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmemobl.html#wp1148455

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you very much for your explanations..I will check with no em logout command in telephony service.