Views
Helpful
Replies

intervlan multicast

mohammedrafiq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My multicast trafic is not passing on same layer3 switch within 2 connrcted vlans,even ip pim spares-dense mode command is configured on both VLANS.

Any idea?

Regards,

10 Replies 10

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming you have enabled multicast routing then first thing to check is what TTL is set in the multicast packets. It needs be more than 1.

Jon

Hi,

TTL is set to 64 in packet, we captured.

Let's see the output from typing:

show ip mroute

show ip igmp groups

show ip pim interface

__

Edison.

Hi,

I am not running the multicast right now, but I did captures some log ealier on when I was testing. see attached.

Can you please enable multicast on the router and post the commands I asked for?

For me, the most important command will be show ip mroute which is missing on the document you attached.

Based on the log, it seems that multicast group has 0 sources.

__

Edison.

hi,

see attached.

I don't see anything attached to your post.

attachment

Your multicast traffic is working as designed as I see several IGMP groups with sources and destination, so what's really the problem?

In the previous attachment, you had this information:

Sourec 10.194.35.16 on VLAN 124 multicasting clients 139.255.0.127 and traffi should go through vlan 455.

I hope that's a typo as the 139.255.0.217 address isn't multicast address. Did you mean 239.255.0.217?

If that's the group, I don't see any receivers or sources for the mcast group but I do see sources and receivers for other groups so I suggest checking the application itself to see what groups are they joining on the client side and what groups is the server sending to.

__

Edison.

Thanks Edison,

It is 239.255.0.127!!

Currently there is no client on the network.I am going to attach one tomorrow to vlan455 and will send you the details.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card