Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS on FSIP

kilsoo.choi
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to apply QoS on C7507 FSIP.

But the router displays a below message.

shb_rt1(config)#int s5/1

shb_rt1(config-if)#service-policy output NewBank_Policy

service-policy is supported only on VIP interfaces with DCEF enabled

I know dCEF can enable on VIP and can't enable FSIP

Does QoS feature can apply only the router that enabled dCEF? Can't I enable on the router with just CEF?

"ip cef" enabled on the router already.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

On Versatile Interface Processors (VIPs) in a Cisco 7500 Series, only distributed Quality of Service (QoS) features are supported as of Cisco IOS 12.1(5)T, 12.1(5)E, and 12.0(14)S. Enabling distributed Cisco Express Forwarding (dCEF) automatically enables distributed QoS.

Non-VIP interfaces, known as legacy Interface Processors (IPs), support central QoS features as enabled on the Route Switch Processor (RSP).

Recent Cisco IOS releases have Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF) enabled by default. CEF allows fast switching of packets based on a per-destination switching architecture.

kilsoo.choi
Level 1
Level 1

I found a below document in Cisco.com

As of Cisco IOS Software Releases 12.1(5)T, 12.1(5)E, and 12.0(14)S, only VIP-based or distributed per-VC

queuing is supported on the 7500 Series. RSP-based QoS is no longer supported

RSP-based QoS is no longer supported after releases 12.1(5)T, 12.1(5)E, 12.0(14)S

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: