Views
Helpful
Replies

IPT solution with iLBC codec via internet

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a requiremnt to implement centralized Cisco IPT solution in more than 100 remote sites via Internet and want to know whether iLBC codec applicable in this situation.

1. signalling. IP Phone registration may unstable since no QoS via Internet

2. RTP steam. I doubt whether iLBC codec can support in Internet environment.

Is the solution considerable with iLBC codec?

Advise please,

3 Replies 3

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

The internet Low Bitrate Codec (iLBC) is a standard, high-complexity speech codec that is suitable for robust voice communication over IP. iLBC has built-in error correction functionality that helps the codec perform in networks with a high-packet loss.

I know the meaning but I want to hear the real situation whether it really worth to considering - Cisco IPT via Internet with iLBC.

Through customer use, it seems as long as the QoS is handled correctly on both ends (QoS capable routers in the home), there isn't too much of a problem. Generally providers will give you a certain rate fairly reliably, and as long as you don't go over the rate the quality is acceptable.

hth,

nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: