Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Grant Access that bypasses filter

I need suggestions with a way to set up access to one of my end users so that they can bypass our content filter.

I'm assuming I will have to set a static IP to the PC that will be affiliated with this access.

Currently we have an ASA5510...and we own our own C Class subnet that is external to our network....however, I am clueless as to what exactly I would need to do to open this door up. I have an officer that is needing to browse certain sites we have restricted normally from inside the network...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

The security appliance grants access to a particular user for a particular session based on the policies you define. It generates a DAP during user authentication by selecting and/or aggregating attributes from one or more DAP records. It selects these DAP records based on the endpoint security information of the remote device and/or AAA authorization information for the authenticated user. It then applies the DAP record to the user tunnel or session.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_white_paper09186a00809fcf38.shtml#intro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: