HAT Whitelist

Unanswered Question
Apr 7th, 2009

Is there anyway to add multiple domains or IP addresses to the whitelist?  Can I do this via the CLI?  I'm not sure if the Blocker has a CLI.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
earlzlim1 Wed, 04/08/2009 - 07:30

Let me rephrase my question.  Can I add multiple domains or FQDNs to the whitelist?  I know how to add just one through the GUI and that's all that it will allow to my knowledge.

earlzlim1 Wed, 04/08/2009 - 07:46

Nope, not working for me.  I drill down to:

--> Mail Policies

--> HAT Overview

--> WHITELIST

After I click WHITELIST, I get the option to add a sender.

"Enter the hosts to add. CIDR addresses such as 10.1.1.0/24 are allowed. IP address ranges such as 10.1.1.10-20 are allowed. IP subnets such as 10.2.3. are allowed. Hostnames such as crm.example.com are allowed. Partial hostnames such as .example.com are allowed."

If I try to add more than one domain, i.e., microsoft.com, cisco.com or microsoft.com cisco.com, I get this error:

A sender can be:
  • an IP address
  • a CIDR address such as 10.1.1.0/24
  • an IP ranges such as 10.1.1.10-20 or 10.1.1-5.
  • an IP subnet such as 10.2.3.
  • a hostname such as crm.example.com
  • a partial hostname such as .example.com

What am I doing wrong?

earlzlim1 Wed, 04/08/2009 - 07:59

I can ADD ONE.  I was asking if there is a way to add multiple.  I have over a hundred domains from our customer list that I want to whitelist and adding them each individually is tedious.  I wish Cisco would have added this as an option to the Blocker.

jhogue Thu, 04/09/2009 - 13:23

Hi there,

I can think of a couple of possibilities. The first would be to export the HAT and take a look at it in a text editor. It may be obvious how to add multiple entries. I've never done this, though, so it may not be clear.

Blocker does have a CLI. I believe this command would do what you're looking for in batch:

listenerconfig edit IncomingMail hostaccess edit sendergroup ACCEPT blahblahblah.com Policy: “TRUSTED”

You can also use listenerconfig by itself for menu-driven CLI.

Let me know if that works.

Jonathan

Actions

This Discussion