cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HAT Whitelist

earlzlim1
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyway to add multiple domains or IP addresses to the whitelist?  Can I do this via the CLI?  I'm not sure if the Blocker has a CLI.

9 Replies 9

lus
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can add to the whitelist what you like. The blocker has a CLI, but not IOS based. You can configure the blocker via CLI but I'm not sure how deep. But you can do everything from the webinterface and the webinterface is good and easy.

Let me rephrase my question.  Can I add multiple domains or FQDNs to the whitelist?  I know how to add just one through the GUI and that's all that it will allow to my knowledge.

Yes you can.

I was just on my box and under my Whitelist I can "Add Sender". It is no problem to add more than one!

Nope, not working for me.  I drill down to:

--> Mail Policies

--> HAT Overview

--> WHITELIST

After I click WHITELIST, I get the option to add a sender.

"Enter the hosts to add. CIDR addresses such as 10.1.1.0/24 are allowed. IP address ranges such as 10.1.1.10-20 are allowed. IP subnets such as 10.2.3. are allowed. Hostnames such as crm.example.com are allowed. Partial hostnames such as .example.com are allowed."

If I try to add more than one domain, i.e., microsoft.com, cisco.com or microsoft.com cisco.com, I get this error:

A sender can be:
  • an IP address
  • a CIDR address such as 10.1.1.0/24
  • an IP ranges such as 10.1.1.10-20 or 10.1.1-5.
  • an IP subnet such as 10.2.3.
  • a hostname such as crm.example.com
  • a partial hostname such as .example.com

What am I doing wrong?

Try to add one domain, then the next domain, and so on...

Have you the newest OS?

I can ADD ONE.  I was asking if there is a way to add multiple.  I have over a hundred domains from our customer list that I want to whitelist and adding them each individually is tedious.  I wish Cisco would have added this as an option to the Blocker.

Ok I misunderstood you.

So I don't know...

That's OK.  :) I'm hoping someone from Cisco will read this.  I would like this to be a feature in a new release.

jhogue
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I can think of a couple of possibilities. The first would be to export the HAT and take a look at it in a text editor. It may be obvious how to add multiple entries. I've never done this, though, so it may not be clear.

Blocker does have a CLI. I believe this command would do what you're looking for in batch:

listenerconfig edit IncomingMail hostaccess edit sendergroup ACCEPT blahblahblah.com Policy: “TRUSTED”

You can also use listenerconfig by itself for menu-driven CLI.

Let me know if that works.

Jonathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: