Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCX 4.0(2) Standby server

azeemo157
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have a customer who has an IPCCX 4.0(2) custer with two nodes one active and one passive. The Customer now requires a DR Site. Since IPCCX is not designed for WAN Failover i had told him its not Advisable to have 1 node at Main Site and 1 node at DR. Instead i had proposed a Standby server at The DR site which would be ready with IPCCX installed and only when the site is down the configuration would be restored to this server and it would registed with a Call Manager Subscriber local to the site. What i need to know is whether the License that is already there with customer for their Existing IPCCX can be used for this standby server?

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Licenses are not assigned to a specific MAC address in that version of CCX. You can load the license on any server you wish.

Keep an eye on the feature enhancements when CCX 8.0 is released early next year...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: