Attendant Console not showing if DN is redirected to voicemail or other

Unanswered Question
Apr 7th, 2009

Hi there

we are using CCM 4.2. Our Receptionists use Attendant Console 1.5 - everything is fine (line state, transfer calls, etc.) except that AC is unable to see if a phone has been redirected to any DN or Voicemail. I found a Screenshot of AC 1.4 from the Cisco Product Sheet (see attached file) where this information is displayed (see column Telephone).

From the Attendant Console 1.4 Product Features Sheet:

- Call-forwarding status: Icon indicator of call forwarding of user's line to voicemail or another

number for up to 10 entries in a directory search result

Any hints on how to make this work is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
andy_vvc2 Wed, 04/08/2009 - 02:08

Hey Martin,

Not sure if this is any use, but we are using CUCM6.1(2) We had Attendant Console running ok for a few months, then we suddenly lost some, then most, and then finally all of the 'line status' icons when our Reception Staff searched the Corp Directory within AC.

I had to stop then restart the Attendant Console service on the subscriber that it runs from. This then resolved the fault.

I'm wondering i the 'missing' info when a directory number is forwarded to voicemail etc might just need the service kicking in CallManager? I'm guessing you have already tried this?

If this is no use, i hope that the feature you need *is* actually part of AC v1.5, and that someone can pop along shorty to assist you.

Rgds

marvecs-germany Wed, 04/08/2009 - 05:55

Hi Andy

thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately we have no service called Attendant Console or any similar - what you mean is for sure the TCD Telephony Call Dispatcher that holds all of the status information on every single DN.

However, i found out that if searching the Corporate Directory from the AC (Button Advanced), the icon is displayed and stays present for a short period of time.

I have absolutely no idea.

Martin

andy_vvc2 Wed, 04/15/2009 - 02:43

Doesnt AC run as a service (under one of the GUI logins - Serviceability i think) on CCM 4.2? It is a service running on CCM6.1 for me. This is where i stopped and restarted it. I thought AC acts as the 'plugin' if you like, showing what a phones status is...?

marvecs-germany Wed, 04/15/2009 - 04:09

No, AC is simply running directly on the attendants computer. There is no Serviceability feature available, wether on CCM nor in AC.

rob.huffman Wed, 04/15/2009 - 05:07

Hi Martin,

Like you nicely noted, this Service in CCM 4.2 would be under the TCD service. I believe Andy is correct that you should try Stopping/Starting the TCD service on all of your CCM servers.

Hope this helps!

Rob

marvecs-germany Wed, 04/15/2009 - 05:14

Hi Rob

i've already restarted the TCD service and that didn't help. The CFA feature stays hidden.

Martin

jpattishall Mon, 06/01/2009 - 06:44

Have you found any resolution to this? I have the same issue, but actually Call forward status used to show up properly, and has now stopped showing up.

Actions

This Discussion