Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console not showing if DN is redirected to voicemail or other

marvecs-germany
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

we are using CCM 4.2. Our Receptionists use Attendant Console 1.5 - everything is fine (line state, transfer calls, etc.) except that AC is unable to see if a phone has been redirected to any DN or Voicemail. I found a Screenshot of AC 1.4 from the Cisco Product Sheet (see attached file) where this information is displayed (see column Telephone).

From the Attendant Console 1.4 Product Features Sheet:

- Call-forwarding status: Icon indicator of call forwarding of user's line to voicemail or another

number for up to 10 entries in a directory search result

Any hints on how to make this work is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

7 Replies 7

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Martin,

Not sure if this is any use, but we are using CUCM6.1(2) We had Attendant Console running ok for a few months, then we suddenly lost some, then most, and then finally all of the 'line status' icons when our Reception Staff searched the Corp Directory within AC.

I had to stop then restart the Attendant Console service on the subscriber that it runs from. This then resolved the fault.

I'm wondering i the 'missing' info when a directory number is forwarded to voicemail etc might just need the service kicking in CallManager? I'm guessing you have already tried this?

If this is no use, i hope that the feature you need *is* actually part of AC v1.5, and that someone can pop along shorty to assist you.

Rgds

Hi Andy

thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately we have no service called Attendant Console or any similar - what you mean is for sure the TCD Telephony Call Dispatcher that holds all of the status information on every single DN.

However, i found out that if searching the Corporate Directory from the AC (Button Advanced), the icon is displayed and stays present for a short period of time.

I have absolutely no idea.

Martin

Doesnt AC run as a service (under one of the GUI logins - Serviceability i think) on CCM 4.2? It is a service running on CCM6.1 for me. This is where i stopped and restarted it. I thought AC acts as the 'plugin' if you like, showing what a phones status is...?

No, AC is simply running directly on the attendants computer. There is no Serviceability feature available, wether on CCM nor in AC.

Hi Martin,

Like you nicely noted, this Service in CCM 4.2 would be under the TCD service. I believe Andy is correct that you should try Stopping/Starting the TCD service on all of your CCM servers.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

i've already restarted the TCD service and that didn't help. The CFA feature stays hidden.

Martin

Have you found any resolution to this? I have the same issue, but actually Call forward status used to show up properly, and has now stopped showing up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: