cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1VMware

russell.sage
Level 1
Level 1

I have built a 6.1.2 VMware image I have allocated a 36GB hard drive and 1024M of RAM. However the CCM service and TFTP will keep stopping so I cannot any phones to register. Any suggestions

4 Replies 4

robert49729
Level 1
Level 1

What version of VMWare are you running? -

In virtual machines - you must meet the hard drive and memory guidelines set forth by the product requirements. I have found that 2GB is required to run CUCM in VMWARE. Try increasing your memory allocation to 2048MB and see if the application is more stable. (Hope that helps)

Robert

Thanks for the quick response. I am running VMware workstation 5.5.5 build 56455 which i have been using for running loads of cisco vmware - ICM, CCM 4.2(3), IPIVR etc with no issues. I will however give your suggestion of greater memory allocation a go. I have 4GB so I will allocate 2GB to this machine. Thanks

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

This is a license issue other than VMWare issue.

For CUCM 6.1.2, you just need 1G memory.

You may collect "Cisco CallManager" logs. Search for "license" or "licensing" in the logs (it should be at the end of the logs).

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Vance Krier
Level 4
Level 4

Check the free disk space on your volumes from SSH. I think it is show diskusage or similar. I recently did a 7.0 VMware with a 40GB drive and the main partition was only allocated like 12GB and it filled it to 100%. I had alot of very strange issues similar to the one you mention.

Vance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: