cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICT creation - from the Publisher, or on each Subscriber?

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When creating a new ICT, should it be setup via the "phones" > "trunks" menu on the Publisher's Admin GUI. Or should ICT's be created on *each* subscriber that is going to be part of the ICT?

I seem to recall reading about people who setup ICT's on the Pub, but the config didnt propegate to the subs. In a Pub and 2x Sub cluster, only 1/3 of calls would work.

We run CUCM 6.1(2) - not sure if this allows an ICT to be setup just on the Publisher? I actually only want my subs to work as part of the ICT, not the Pub. So i was going to create the ICT's on my Subs only, via the AdminGUI on the subscriber servers.... "phones" > "trunks"

Thoughts appreciated :o)

Rgds

6 Replies 6

rodmont74
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, usually it doesn't matter where you configure your ICT, either Pub or Sub will do the change in the master DB replica in Pub anyway. The point here is to define more than one of your partner cluster servers at the end of the form and do the same when configuring the other cluster to ICT back to this one (since you have 3 servers, you can fill all of them). However this isn't mandatory as just point each Pub to each other should enable the trunks, just without redundancy in case of Pub failure.

If you have already checked partitions , CSS and MTP for transcoding, maybe one the publisher is overloaded.

Thanks - am i correct in thinking that the servers that will participate in the ICT (load balancing calls) at my end of the ICT will be those defined in the "CM Group" that is linked to the Device Pool that i put the ICT into? (ie if my "CM Group" specifies my two subscribers, they will be the only servers used at my end).

Obviously i need to specifiy the remote servers i want to connect to. Likewise, the remote end need to specify my two Subs in their 'remote' IP settings when *they* create their ICT ?

Sound about right?

Hi, all servers in your cluster will participate in the ICT even if they are not on the same group or any. Other end ICT enabled cluster should try to establish connection with the server listed first in the servers field and move on to the second and third one at your end if the first one cannot be contacted (let's say your publisher had been rebooting during an inbound call). When one of your server is contacted to establish a call, it will handle to proper server that currently attends the destination device, like a phone, even if the phone belongs a fourth or fifth server in your cluster that are used by some device pool devices.

So, just one server is enough for an ICT but if you have two or three listed, the better. It gives you redundancy.

On my side I have a special problem, maybe you guys can help me with this.

I have an ITC between two call manager and the problem is The call can't go to the ITC when the phone is register with the subscriber.

if the CM group have the subscriber on the top of the list ( I use top down ) the call can'T go in the ITC.

any idea ?

If you point the ICT to a specific server, be sure that this server is contained in the CCM Group which is configured in the trunk.

Problem can easily happen when you use the default CCM Group in the target systems trunk.

Acl wasn't configure for Sub ( just for PUB ) that's why I had that

thanks

sorry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: