cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nas-port and nas-port-type

dannypuckett
Level 1
Level 1

I recently replaced my home 1721 running 12.4(3g) with a demo UC520 running 12.4(11r)XW from work to become more familiar with it. I had my 1721 setup for PPTP dial-in with RADIUS authentication back to an SBS 2008 and everything worked great. When I swapped out for the UC520 with the same AAA settings it would not connect. Further inspection found that the nas-port-type and nas-port aaa attributes were not being passed to the RADIUS server so the VPN Access Policy was not being used. Is this a bug or do I need to tweak a few things for this version of IOS?

Any tips would be appreciated.

I recently replaced my home 1721 running 12.4(3g) with a demo UC520 running 12.4(11r)XW from work to get more familiar with it. I had my 1721 setup for PPTP dial-in with RADIUS authentication back to an SBS 2008 and everything worked great. When I swapped out for the 520 with the same AAA settings it would not connect. Further inspection found that the nas-port-type and nas-port aaa attributes were not being passed to the RADIUS server so the VPN Access Policy was not being used. Is this a bug or do I need to tweak a few things for this version of IOS?

Any tips would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Make sure that you have configured the ISAKMP policy in UC520.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: