Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS and Leased Line

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to give a solution to my company regarding the IP Telephony setup. Our call manager is located on remote site and one of our office 40 users needs to connect via lease line with this call manger.

I will use 2821 with WIC-2T and EVM-HD-8FXS/DID High density voice/fax extension module - 8FXS/DID with EM-HDA-3FXS/4FXO 7-port voice/fax expansion module-3FXS/4FXO

My office has two Fax line and one Nortal PBX with 4 Ports.

But i m stil confuse how outbound will work once the lease line failure because I dont have any PRI/PSTN connectivity.

Please let me know FXO/FXS modules that i have mentioned are the right one.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You connect one or more of the FXO ports of your module to a telephone analog line from telco. This likne you can use for fax, voice, emergency or any other use.

But Fax will be connect to FXS port and PBX will connect to FXO port. HOw can i use FXO port for Fax machine. and how to dial outbound in case of connectivity between the central site down due to lease line outage.

If you configure correctly, you should be able to dial outbound.

Note however, using only FXO or FXS tlo connect to a PBX, providers unsatisfactory results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: