cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Appending LD codes to an outbound phone call in CUCM

ciscocasey
Level 1
Level 1

I have an automated outbound dialing system which is not capable of dialing an access code for LD calling. When a person places a LD call from a phone they can just enter the number as such 913345551234**1111 and then press dial and the *'s will act as a pause before entering the 1111 for the access code. I attempted to create a translation to mimic this based on a match with a LD pattern but instead of the *'s acting as pauses the system passes them along to the Telco creating an invalid call. Does anyone know of a way I can manipulate an outbound LD phone call in CUCM 4.2 that will allow the insertion of a pause followed by the access code.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM does not have a method to insert pauses

you would need to use Unity or send the call thru an H323 to use the , which is a 1 second delay. this would require translation-rules to manipulate it

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the quick response!

I can't use H.323 due to other vendor integrations we are using and we don't allow Unity to place outbound calls. We'll have to go back to the drawing board I think.

Thanks again.

I am using H.323 and I can not insert a pause in sending the digits. I have a PRI and when I use the , in my dial peer plus the LD code it sends all the digits at once. Is there a work around for this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: