cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Appending LD codes to an outbound phone call in CUCM

ciscocasey
Level 1
Level 1

I have an automated outbound dialing system which is not capable of dialing an access code for LD calling. When a person places a LD call from a phone they can just enter the number as such 913345551234**1111 and then press dial and the *'s will act as a pause before entering the 1111 for the access code. I attempted to create a translation to mimic this based on a match with a LD pattern but instead of the *'s acting as pauses the system passes them along to the Telco creating an invalid call. Does anyone know of a way I can manipulate an outbound LD phone call in CUCM 4.2 that will allow the insertion of a pause followed by the access code.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM does not have a method to insert pauses

you would need to use Unity or send the call thru an H323 to use the , which is a 1 second delay. this would require translation-rules to manipulate it

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the quick response!

I can't use H.323 due to other vendor integrations we are using and we don't allow Unity to place outbound calls. We'll have to go back to the drawing board I think.

Thanks again.

I am using H.323 and I can not insert a pause in sending the digits. I have a PRI and when I use the , in my dial peer plus the LD code it sends all the digits at once. Is there a work around for this?