cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Messaging Failover/Standby Redundancy confused????

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

We have Unified 4.21 (might upgrade to 7.0 later this year) with exchange 2003 (external).

We have failover design (active/passive) now. In the very near future, we will have DR site.

I think my question is that:

Can Failover and standby Redundancy co-exist?? In other words, two servers with failover at Main Data Center, and 1 server with Standby Redundancy at DR Site.

Anyone done that before??

Thanks

Ken

4 Replies 4

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am not totally sure I understand your design but if it involves having your primary and secondary servers separated by a WAN, it's not supported.

Tray

Ok, let me try to explain again.

We have two unity servers (active/passive design) at main data center now.

Now we will have DR site soon, the connection is 100MB point to point between Data center and DR site.

If the main data center blow up... so what is the best way to bring up my unity fast. There are two options at cisco website.

First design is failover (primary and secondary), but have to reside at the same LAN.

Second design is Standby Redundancy, which is primary at main data center, secondary is at DR site. The minimum requirement is 100MB between two sites.

So my question, Can I configure my unity as failover (same LAN), but at the same time, I want to unity to be Standby Redundancy also.

Thanks

Ken

In order to do Standby Redundancy, you need to be at least Unity version 5.x to do it. I tried to find a doc for Unity 4.2 in the system requirements and there is no Standby Redundancy options listed. Only failover.

Tray

I think you did not look my first post.

I will upgrade the 4.21 to 7.0.

Thanks

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: