SPA901 FIRMWARE

Unanswered Question
Apr 8th, 2009

i have a problem with my spa901 ip phone

when i connect to the phone by Wizard 2-1-0-0 spa tool it msg me that it cant connect till i upgrade the phone firmare from 4.XXX to 5.XXX

and when i accept it doesnt continue and the phone refuse upgrading

then i try to upgrade with the upg-spa901-5-1-5.exe tool which i download from cisco web site

it respont that is the SPA phone not found as i connect through web int and check that is upgrade service is enabled

please tell me what to do

regards

mohamed el hadidi

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Patrick Born Thu, 04/09/2009 - 07:13

Hi,

Please verify that the SPA901 is on the same LAN as the computer running the upgrade utility and that it is not on another switch.

When upg-spa901-5-1-5.exe reports that the phone is not found, attempt to ping the phone from the computer and verify that the ping is successful.

Make sure that you are fully extracting the upg-spa901-5-1-5.exe file and are not attempting to run it from within the zip file.

Things to try:

1. Download the 4.1.17 version of firmware from Cisco.com and verify that you can load this version to the phone.
  2. Attempt an upgrade by causing the phone to request the upgrade: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-5938
  3. If the above fails, factory reset the phone [dial **** then 73738#] and attempt the upgrade again.

Please let me know of your progress.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Actions

This Discussion