Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing Rule

Hi,

I have setup a Call Routing Rule, to direct calls coming to particular ext to a call handler ,

The call routing rule doesnot work,and the call coming to that ext goes to opening greeting ch,

If I assign the ext assigned to the routing rule to the call handler then it start's working,

Ideally I don't need to assign a ext to a call handler, so what is the issue, why is the call routing rule not working.

Avinash

6 Replies 6

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Avinash,

This tells me that the call routing rule is not being matched based on the values you've entered for ANI or DNIS. Open Call Viewer from the Tools Depot and watch what digits are being presented to Unity and configure the routing rule accordingly. Also, people get hung up by accidentally configuring a Direct Routing Rule rather than Forwarded Routing Rule.

Hope that helps,

Brad

The value in DNIS matches the value (ext) I see in call viewer, this was the first thing I checked,

So I should create a Forwarding Routing Rule instead of Direct Routing Rule ?

Avinash

If the call is being forwarded into Unity from the phone system you'll need to do a forwarded routing rule, yes. It won't hurt anything configuring one.

Brad

how does unity differentiate between a direct call and a forwarded call ?

Depends on how the phone system passes the call to Unity. If you call user A, their phone RNA's, it's then [forwarded] to Unity, and will parse through all forwarded routing rules for any matches.

Another example is if you press the voice mail button from your phone, it's then a [direct] call to Unity as there is no forwarding involved and direct routing rules are all parsed for any matches.

Typically administrators will configure CTI route points that CFA to Unity for particular external numbers so that a particular routing rule can always be matched and go to the desired greeting.

Brad

Just curious how this one turned out... was it in fact the forwarded rule that needed to be configured?

If so, please rate any useful posts to help those who may run into the issue down the road.

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: