cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

srr-queue bandwidth share - why this difference ?

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to understand why the following SPECIFIC share/shape settings have been applied on a 3560, I understand some of the principles involved.

Outside of Call Signalling and Bearer traffic, all other traffic is default (0)

mls qos srr-queue output dscp-map queue 1 threshold 3 46

mls qos srr-queue output dscp-map queue 2 threshold 2 24 26

mls qos srr-queue output dscp-map queue 3 threshold 3 0

mls qos srr-queue output cos-map queue 3 threshold 3 0

mls qos srr-queue output cos-map queue 1 threshold 3 5

mls qos srr-queue output cos-map queue 2 threshold 2 3

“non-voice port” (port A)

srr-queue bandwidth share 10 10 60 20

srr-queue bandwidth shape 10 0 0 0

“voice port” (port B)

srr-queue bandwidth share 1 70 25 5

srr-queue bandwidth shape 3 0 0 0

priority-queue out

mls qos trust device cisco-phone

mls qos trust cos

I understand the traffic queue mapping, I understand the priority queue on voice ports.

Why share 60% to Q3 on port A, but only 25% on port B ?

Port B shares 70% to Q2, but if the majority of traffic is in Q3, why ?

Once voice is prioritised (where applicable) why are the other Q bandwidth allocations so different between the 2 switch ports ?

Are these AutoQOS settings / default settings ? I BELIEVE that there is no issue in practice (because only Q3 traffic would congest the interface anyway). Is this true ?

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Shaped or shared bandwidth weights can be assigned to a queue using the srr-queue bandwidth shape and srr-queue bandwidth share interface commands. Shaped-mode weights override shared-mode weights. Also, if shaped weights are set to 0, the queue is operating in shared mode

in your config

Queue 1 the priority queue will be serviced first but also to avoid let this queue take all other queues bandiwdth is shaped to max 30 as the amount you put in the sahpe other queue will use the remaining percent based on the share not shape as shape is 0

if helpful Rate

Thanks, I understand this.

My main question though is why such the difference in bandwidth allocated to Q2 and Q3 between these 2 port configs.

"non-voice port" (port A)

srr-queue bandwidth share 10 10 60 20

srr-queue bandwidth shape 10 0 0 0

“voice port” (port B)

srr-queue bandwidth share 1 70 25 5

If the majority of traffic is mapped to Q3 - why such the difference in the treatment of Q3 between the 2 port configs ?

ask who configured this switch !

the idea there you can ajusted upon your requirments

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: