cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal Communicator and Directory Lookup Dial Rules

cris_jimenez
Level 2
Level 2

Hello, I have my Presence server and CCM server integrated with LDAP.

I can add my contacts to chat with them, no problem, however when I try to cal them, it says "Bad Number" and displays the 10 digit number.

On CCM we have 4 digit extensions, I configured Directory Lookup Dial Rules and still doesn't work, this is the output of my rule from the Presence Server CLI

admin:run sql select * from applicationdialrule

pkid name description numbeginwith numofdigits digitsremoved prefix priority tkapplicationdialrule

==================================== ==== ================ ============ =========== ============= ====== ======== =====================

3069fef3-3c96-6156-df38-1a5f0cbf6993 Corp Corporate Office 4 0 916484 1 2

What am I doing wrong

thanks

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

nope. my book said "application dial rule" is for making phone calls. "directory lookup rule" is for name resolution. :)

Michael

View solution in original post

create a specific pattern in the application dialing rules.

For example, the one I suggested had a 10 digit rule for xxx-xxx-xxxx this would blanket everything in 10 digits.

Create a new rule and put it before the blanket rule. If you digits in the directory are 408-555-xxxx, put in that rule. if the number starts with 408555xxxx, then strip out the 408555xxxx

It should work then.

Like a translation pattern right? you must have a translation pattern to strip this out for 4 digits? For when people use their IP phones and scroll through the directory, and select a 10 digit number, a translation pattern should strip this and give only 4 digits to dial.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You should configure the rule as "application dial rule" instead of "directory lookup dial rule".

Don't forget to restart SyncAgent and CUPC to refresh the rule.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

OK,

and how do I differentiate between an internal call and a call from the contacts from outlook, if I wanted to use CUPC to place a call from the outlook contact list?

I need to create a rule very similar but I need to append a 9 before the call is routed

your book said to configure directory dial rules for the internal calls and application dial rules for external calls

I'm confused now

thanks

nope. my book said "application dial rule" is for making phone calls. "directory lookup rule" is for name resolution. :)

Michael

my bad, sorry for the confusion

I have a question though.

If I configure the application rules to dial out, and the directory rule for name resolution. however if I look for one of my contacts and try to call her, it attempts a 7 digit call, instead of a 4 digit call. how can I address this? in other words when I try to call my contacts how do I make it an internal call instead of an external ?

On the CCM Directory the users have the full number(10 digits) however the phones have 4 digits only. If i do a right click on the user it shows the 10 digit number and attempts to place a call through the PSTN, how do I avoid it and force it to be an internal call?

thanks

create a specific pattern in the application dialing rules.

For example, the one I suggested had a 10 digit rule for xxx-xxx-xxxx this would blanket everything in 10 digits.

Create a new rule and put it before the blanket rule. If you digits in the directory are 408-555-xxxx, put in that rule. if the number starts with 408555xxxx, then strip out the 408555xxxx

It should work then.

Like a translation pattern right? you must have a translation pattern to strip this out for 4 digits? For when people use their IP phones and scroll through the directory, and select a 10 digit number, a translation pattern should strip this and give only 4 digits to dial.

that did the trick

thank you very much

cool! Glad that worked. Yeah, dial patterns, and overlap and multiply take a bit to work out the kinks. You think you have it licked, then it screwed something else up. bah!

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: