cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem in IPCC Enterprise 7.2.6 HDS data are deleted autometicaly.

rashedul45
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I m facing problem in IPCC HDS data related. In agent logout table has only one day data. This type of incident is occuring for many others table. Even dialer detail table has only one day data. So please guide me how can i overcome this problem. Coz my customer is generating many report by using this data. I m realy worried abt it.

4 Replies 4

prabhakar.k
Level 1
Level 1

Check the Replication between Logger & HDS whether any problem with that?

Use ICMDBA on the Loggers and the HDS and look at the Space Used Summary. In fact, look carefully at the date/times on the right hand side. The first thing to establish is that the Logger has the information you need. Is that running 14 days retention before it purges the table? Check.

Regards,

Geoff

The Logger has no problems, because although the data are generated and have the 14 days of data retention configured with ICMSETUP, for example t_dialer_detail.
Apparently there is Bug or problem in the upgrade with the HDS, I have the same problem with SR7.2.6, check the size of the bases with ICMDBA and SQL Enterprise Manager, and is available to 40 percent of the base of HDS.
Also check the configuration and although this day in 1094, there remains only the day before the purge is done automatically and is unresponsive to retain the configuration in the Registry of HDS.
Do not know if the problem you have is the same.

Soman Nair
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I suspect that the normal purging process on the hds is deleting the data in the agent logout table on the hds. This is how it works :

1. every day, it will purge the oldest data in every table based on what you configured. You can for each table say how long you want the data to be available (for example 100 days). It will purge every day the data older then the configured value. This can be different for every table.

2. There is an additional process that will check the size of the complete database. If it's full for 80% or more, it will starts deleting data as follows :

. go to the first table and delete X amount of data from the table . if size of the db is still more then 80% full, go to next table and do the same again as in previous step

This process stops when the db is less then 80% full. If at a later stage it hits the 80% again, the process will start all over. It will start again with the first table etc. So, if this happens a couple of times, a lot of data from the first tables in the database will be deleted and nothing from the last tables (alphabetical).

Now, how can you prevent this? There are of course 2 ways to do this :

. make sure your hds database is big enough to keep all data you want.

. make sure that the database is never over 80% full. You can make sure this is the case by purging enough data from all tables every day. So, you need to configure point 1 above so that for every table only X amount of days is kept. I see that you want to keep the agent logout data for 3 years. I don't know how you configured the other tables but if you want to keep all of them for 3 years you need a pretty big database. To confirm the number of days configured in system, pls check below keys in Registry of Logger and HDS.

From the logger :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco

Systems,Inc.\ICM\Customer_Instance\LoggerX\Recovery\CurrentVersion\Purge\Retain\Agent\Logout

From the HDS :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco

Systems,Inc.\ICM\Customer_Instanc\Distributor\RealTimeDistributor\CurrentVersion\Recovery\CurrentVersion\Purge\Retain\Agent\Logout

You can find more info about how this works and how to configure this on this link :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a008014f8b9.shtml

There is a tool which you can use to estimate how big your database should be if you want to keep X amount of days of data in table Y. You find this in icmdba tool (start > run > icmdba). Right click on your database and choose 'estimate'.

If needed, you can increase the size of your database. Please follow the procedures on this link to do so :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a0080094927.shtml

Regards,

Soman Nair.

( Pls rate post if found to be helpful.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: