cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ICM-Outbound Campaign with IPIVR

jawilson_1
Level 1
Level 1

I need to write both an ICM script and IPIVR script for an outbound campaign to notify customers of their upcoming appt. The import file which is .csv will have the date and time of the appt in that file which may look like this: 9:00,11202008. I also must provide a results feedback file after the campaign is done for the day. 1st, how can ICM read the import or even the table on the router to collect that data and pass to IPIVR to play it back; then 2nd, how do I return an results file? Anyone an expert on ICM with outbound? This is Callmanager 4.1.3, ICM 7.2, and IPIVR 4.0.5. Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, the ECC variable is a 30 character field. You can certainly put anything you like it this - alphanumeric.

With ICM's substring function you could split it into pieces. If the date is extracted, you can hand it to the CRS/CVP and off you go. With careful planning / encoding this could be an easy solution.

But I am saying that this is a limited method that is going to only get you so far.

I've read a number of posts asking if they can use this or that field in the import table, getting that over, and the answer is no.

If you want more data, then there is only one way to do it, as I have explained. Use the BAAccountNumber as a lookup key in a database.

It's not rocket science.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

prabhakar.k
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using Cisco Dialer or any other third party Dialer.If Cisco then you need to upload the data in dialer as .bak format aftet that it will automatic convert .txt file.Did you created any script in ICM for outbound campaign ?

Your statement doesn't make much sense.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff, which statement? My goal is to understand how ICM will read the date and time of the customer's appt in the output of the import file then send the appropriate data to the IPIVR to play back the date and time in the proper format. I reviewed the Play node in ICM but it appears that you would use this with CVP microapps. In addition to this I must provide the call results once the campaign is done for the day.

Sorry, you have misinterpreted my post.

I was saying that the post by prabhakar.k who said: "If Cisco then you need to upload the data in dialer as .bak format aftet that it will automatic convert .txt file." did not make any sense.

I understand your problem.

I know how to tie the Dialer and CVP together - I have it functioning. The only way I could make this work was to pass the BAAccountNumber as the key, and on the CVP side, use that to look into a database to find info for the interaction with the called party.

I think it's the same for the IPIVR.

Regards,

Geoff

So, I could stuff the date-time variable into the BAAcountNumber field? So I would put that into a Set node and stuff it into the Call Variable BAAcountNumber value before the Run Ext Script node?

Yes, we're using the Cisco Dialer. All the configuration to import the file is done so I am in the scripting phase of this. The Admin script for the Outbound Predictive campaign is already done. I'm at the call routing script now

Hi Jeoff and jawilson,

I don't have experience on CVP but yes if you are talking about the Cisco dialer then while creating the Script in ICM AW outbound option you can define the variable which you want to upload the data on Dialer like BAAccount number,ANI,Calling Number etc.....and one more thing if you want to capture date and time from any other database you can create one script in IVR and use GETICM data through that it will play date time.

Did you get this resolved?

Somewhat but I don't think I really received a clear response.

Well, the ECC variable is a 30 character field. You can certainly put anything you like it this - alphanumeric.

With ICM's substring function you could split it into pieces. If the date is extracted, you can hand it to the CRS/CVP and off you go. With careful planning / encoding this could be an easy solution.

But I am saying that this is a limited method that is going to only get you so far.

I've read a number of posts asking if they can use this or that field in the import table, getting that over, and the answer is no.

If you want more data, then there is only one way to do it, as I have explained. Use the BAAccountNumber as a lookup key in a database.

It's not rocket science.

Regards,

Geoff

Thank you. I will go ahead with that field.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: