Views
Helpful
Replies

Port-channel

ney25
Level 2
Level 2

Hi NetPro,

i would like to know about the configuration for the port-channel. for instance, Sw1 ----------> Sw2.

now then i going to bundle up 2 switches with 200MB.

Question: from Sw1 create port-channel and assign to particular point as channel-group x mode on.

so, for Sw2 Do i need to create port-channel as well ? or just directly assign channel-group x mode on to the dedicated port ?

Questin : how can i confirm that now this 2 switches are in the port-channel.

while show eth sum. i can see Sw1 info only. whereby i am not sure Sw2 is bundle up to the same channel to Sw1.

Sw 1

-----

int po 1

sw

sw mo trunk

sw trunk en dot

int gi 0/1

channel-group 1 mode on

int gi 0/2

channel-group 1 mode on

Sw2

---

int gi 0/1

channel-group 1 mod on

int gi 0/2

channel-group 1 mo on

thanks.

JAck

1 Reply 1

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jack,

you need exactly the same configuration on both side.

You can use the command show interfaces name etherchannel to check your configuration.

You are not using LACP or PAGP so there is no dynamic negociation. To test your configuration, you will need to send traffic through it. You can configure the same VLAN on both side with an IP address on the same subnet and try some pings for example.

Here is a link with a lot of information about etherchannel:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/tsd_technology_support_protocol_home.html

HTH

Laurent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card