Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dhcp ip binding

hii

We are using Cisco ip phone 7902 in our network and we made router 3845 as dhcp server for all phones

we are configure dhcp server in router steps are

Router(config)# ip dhcp pool name

Router(dhcp-config)# host address [mask | /prefix-length]

Router(dhcp-config)# client-identifier unique-identifier

Router(dhcp-config)# hardware-address hardware-address type

but still we cant bind my ipphone ip add. when we restart ip phone it's change ip ip add..please help me??

6 Replies 6

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

configure a network first for the dhcp and also option 150 for tftp.

check this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t14/feature/guide/srs_wlan.html#wp1333223

hii,

thank you for your response but one thing is that i want to bind ip add with mac id so i want that solution how it is ???

if i create seprate pool for each ip phone then that is 3000 ip phone in our network ...

Why do you want bind IP with MAC address ?

Did you preface the 12-digits MAC address with a 01, in the format 01XX.XXXX.XXXX.XX? That, apperently, is the format that the Cisco DHCP requires.

hii,

we want our ip phone should have uniq IP add. so we can monitor IP phone ...

it's also possible through static IP add but in our 7902 IP phone there is no display only we can hereing voice and give IP but this is very tough process..so we want to bind it in our dhcp server....

You do not need a static IP to monitor phone. Doing so only introduce unnecessary management overhead, and none of the large installations in the world does that.

Monitoring is better done by either MAC address, or the extension number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: