Looking for the right L3 switch

Unanswered Question
Apr 9th, 2009

Hi,

I am looking for a L3 switch to use in our distribution layer with these capabilities:

-wccp v2 support (for our web cache)

-possibility to put a rate limit on each port of the switch

These two aspects are important among the others i already have.

Also I would like to be able to use fiber optic on the switchs ports(adapter or stand alone) in a nearer future to connect those ports to some other remote locations in my network.

answers will be much appreciated.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
coletemple Thu, 04/09/2009 - 02:10

as much as necessary.by the way, do you have any info about good websites where to find the products?

Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 04/09/2009 - 02:22

You can contact me to the address present in my profile for a lead to reputable resellers, new and used.

Leo Laohoo Thu, 04/09/2009 - 17:19

Have you visted the Cisco Product Advisor Tool? It's a very good interactive tool which will help you narrow down your choice to a few candidates.

http://www.ciscowebtools.com/ProductAdvisor/

When you are done, contact Paolo ahd he'll help you with alot of the nitty-gritty setup and configurations.

Hope this helps!

Paolo: Please don't forget me when you are organizing your Christmas list. he he he ...

coletemple Fri, 04/17/2009 - 01:28

Hi,

Thanks for the link on cisco website about products. I am still trying to choose the right L3 switch (if possible, a generation below 4500 series) as I want also to implement some security features like TCP Intercept. Also, what does RP rate limiters stands for in the cisco product advisor web page? I want to be able to limit the rate on every port of the switch...

thanks

Actions

This Discussion