Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ac user with Active Directory

Hello.

I have two cisco Call Managers cluster (4.1)in a multisite with distribuited call processing Model

We use Microsoft Active Directory as user DDBB.

My question is : Should I create ac user in Active Directory to manage Attendant Console or it should be created with CCM web interface in service/Cisco Cm Attendant Console/Cisco Cm Attendant Console user?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Vance Krier
Level 4
Level 4

In CM4, you need to create it in AD. The password is 12345. If you want to change the password, then you need to modify the acserver.properties file on each CCM. That procedure is here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7282/products_qanda_item09186a00800b0a20.shtml#qa6

Once the account is created you still have to enable CTI and do the device associations as always.

Thanks,

Vance

you're confusing things

you need 2 kind of users

the AC user to which you bind the PP and devices, that one is in the directory

and the ac users, which are the ones you use to login into the AC app. this ones are created in CUCM DB

you need BOTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hello.

First of all , thanks for answer.

I have done this question because CCM event viewer shows the following error :

Error: kCtiProviderOpenFailure - CTI application failed to open provider.

Reason code: -1932787616

About this error Cisco says:

This error message occurs if there is a Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) application and in ac user that cannot authenticate or connect to the CTI. This indicates that the Telephony Call Dispatcher (TCD) service is not able to connect to the CTI because of a login failure. Either the user ID or the password that is provided by the TCD does not match anything in the directory.

In order to resolve the issue, check the Active Directory (AD) in order to see if there is an ac user. If so, make sure that the password for this ac user is correct. Then, restart the CTI Manager and the TCD services.

If there is no ac user, create an ac user with these values in the Global Directory:

First Name: Attendant

Last Name: Console

User id: ac

Password: 12345

Pin: 12345

Enable CTI Application Use: Make sure it is checked.

Call Park Retrieval Allowed: Make sure it is checked.

I guess this “ac” user refers to the AC user to which I bind the PP and devices but I wonder why Cisco says that if Ac user is not created in Active Directory I should create it in "Global Directory".

And finally , if I need to create “Ac” user in Active Directory (as an standar domain user) I will have an other problem , Windows Domain security policies doesn't let me use 12345 as password.

Go through the process I provided for changing the AC password. You can set a secure password in AD and then set the password in the acserver.properties file to match it.

Vance

reset the ccmsysuser pwd to clear the errors, use ccmpwdchanger to do that

HTH

java

HTH

java